Friday, March 30, 2012

Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight


We’ve pretty much reached the end of March. It’s been an interesting month for me. It has been a rollercoaster in some aspects, but has given me a lot to roll over mentally and emotionally as I move forward. I consider all of it a good thing, even if it hasn’t always appeared so. We shall see how things shake out, brothers and sisters.

This month has had its share of great news, though. I found out the other day that I am one of the winners of the Origami Poems Poetry Celebratio​n Contest. The news will be on the Origami website within the next few days. I was pretty elated at the news. Here’s some of what the e-mail I received said:

Dear Christian,

We are happy to tell you that your poem, Indigo, has been chosen as one of the winning poems for the Music theme of our OPP Poetry Celebration Contest.  You sold us with your closing line - "Nina, my mood is indigo, too."

Thank you for sharing this poem with us.

In addition to that news, the next MANIFEST will be April 21st. The Undoctored Originals, who are a phenomenal jazz band, will be kicking out the jams. There will be more information to come in the near future.



Also, for the 10x10 Festival (http://makework.is/10x10) , I’ve decided to bring back The Speakeasy poetry/spoken word open-mic. We’ll be getting together on April 20th from 6 to 8. The list goes out promptly at 6. It’s free and will be at the Cadence Coffee Co. (16 Patten Pkwy). For those who attended when we were at The Mudpie, you can enjoy a family-friendly return to form.

Well gang, that’s all I’ve got for now. I’ve got to get back to work finishing this poem for the performance on Sunday. No pressure!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment