Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Highlights of 2011


We’ve reached the point in the year where I take it all into consideration and list all of the things that were personal highlights. I really feel like 2011 was the year that I needed to have, and I know that I’ve grown immensely. I feel like I’m a better writer, a better performer, a more respected creative force, etc. I definitely stepped my game up this year, and I’m legitimately anxious to see what 2012 has in store (and, no, I’m not talking about the end of days). So, here we go!
 

Highlights of 2011 (in no particular order)

 
  1. Winning poetry slams
  2. Winning the C.A.F.E grant for MANIFEST
  3. Judging the Black Ink poetry competition
  4. Building MANIFEST into a more noticeable brand
  5. Performing at The Hunter Art Museum
  6. Winning an open-mic challenge at The Camp House
  7. Performing in Chattitup
  8. The Speakeasy dinner in March
  9. Being a part of Jazz at The Hunter in April
  10. Performing in Hazz in the Hall
  11. Being featured on IndieFeed
  12. Performing in the Aretha Franklin Tribue at The Bessie Smith Hall
  13. Participating in the Roswell poetry slam
  14. Performing at the Java Monkey Café
  15. Strange Bedfellows 2 and 4
  16. Having the opportunity to be interviewed several times on WPLZ
  17. The MANIFEST Presents collaboration at Create Here
  18. Performing in Emily Kate Boyd’s birthday show
  19. Being a finalist for the YPAC Artist of the Year Award
  20. Seeing Sing Mahalia Sing
  21. Celebrating ten years of being a performer
  22. Performing in the Getting to Zero AIDS awareness program

No comments:

Post a Comment