Sunday, November 13, 2011

MANIFEST: Year One Wrap-Up

Ladies and gentlemen, we managed to have ourselves a TREMENDOUS time on Friday. The turnout was great, the atmosphere was phenomenal, and the performances were stellar. I had the distinct honor of not only hosting, but doling out birthday cake to everybody who came… and it was GOOD, too.

Britni Bridgeforth had to drop out of the show, but as fate would have it, I managed to fill her slot with none other than my good friend Mark “Porkchop” Holder. We came dangerously close to having the same line-up that we did at the very first MANIFEST without even trying.

I decided to do something a bit different and have a themed set. All of the poems I delivered had to do with love. I dealt with lost loved, missing love, love through hardship, etc. I also did a good number of new poems, and they were all well-received, so I feel like I did a sufficient job.

The next MANIFEST will be December 9th. Mr. Shane Morrow, leader of The Creative Underground, will be our featured artist, but he’ll be bringing a good number of immensely talented individuals to assist him in entertaining you fine folks. You’ll be in for a definite treat. This, Your Friendly Neighborhood Christian can guarantee.

Switching gears, the online voting for the YP Awards ends tomorrow. To those of you who took the time to jump onto Facebook and vote for me, I sincerely appreciate it. Winning the award would be a wonderful honor, but none of the artistic pursuits I’ve involved myself with are done to win anything. Even if I don’t win, I have had such an amazing and affirming year that there’s no way that I could be disappointed with anything that’s transpired.

Well folks, that’s all I’ve got for the time being. Enjoy the week, do good things, and make sure to check out something that super-producer Jon Brion has laid his hands on. You’ll thank me once you do.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment