Saturday, October 22, 2011

Updates


Hey Friends,

Earlier today, I had an interview with Monessa Guilfoil for Around & About, which is a series that WUTC puts on to highlight different things and people in Chattanooga. I went on to promote MANIFEST: Year One, which is MANIFEST’s birthday show.

Initially, we talked about the show, the origin of the showcase, etc. but the bulk my conversation with Monessa dealt with different issues in the community. We talked poverty, marginalization, how to rectify things, etc. It was very interesting.

She and I ended up talking for 52 minutes. When the piece airs, it will be reduced down to about 6 minutes, so I’m very curious to see what Monessa keeps in. I’ll keep you guys posted on when it runs.

Also, for those of you who haven’t been able to catch me live anywhere and have wanted a copy of my chapbook Ghosts & Echoes, you can now buy it at the Winder Binder bookstore (40 Frazier Avenue) in the Northsore area of Chattanooga. Winder Binder has been very supportive to Chatt-Town’s poets, so if you would like to support them, me, or just immerse yourselves in a cool environment for a while, stop by and check the store out.



Lastly, we’re closing in on the end of the voting for the YP Award nominations. If you would like to cast a vote for me for Artist of the Year, you can find the form here: https://ypchattanooga.org/forms/artist-of-the-year/

I’ve given my personal guarantee that the voting will take under five minutes of your time, and I still stand by that. For my e-mail address, you can put thespeakeasypoetry@gmail.com down. And if you’ve already voted or plan to, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I sincerely appreciate the support.

Well, that’s about all for me, folks. At least for right now. Be good, stay up, and I’ll talk to you soon.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment